Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable) is offline

Default Blue Rhino Lake County Florida propane facility explosion

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 23:34:22 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

This was a few miles from my first shop in Florida. It looks like they
will be short a lot of tanks for a while. I had to report a leaking
tank in one of their retail locations a few weeks ago. The manager of
the drug store it sat in front of wasn't too happy, since some customers
ignore the 'No Smoking' signs on a regular basis.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/nationworld/os-blue-rhino-plant-explosion-before-and-after-20130730,0,927487.htmlstory

Amazing - In front of the Home Center or Supermarket they have the
filled propane bottles safely stored in cages, so even if one leaks
and catches fire, and starts cooking the bottles till the pop-offs
open... They can't go anywhere.

Now you'd think they have the same basic system to slide a whole
pallet of stacked bottles at a time into caged sections of pallet
racking at the bulk plant yard, so if there's a fire it stays in one
place. No loose bottles to go flying off and lighting off new
sections. But the reality...

Gee, if I sold pallet racking I'd be down there trying to make a sale.
And looking to retrofit the rest of their yards, too.

-- Bruce --