Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default OT, Another WTF Moment

Wes Groleau wrote:

I've never smoked, and I HATE the smell. Nevertheless, I believe
government meddles far too much and usually in the wrong places.

Unless it is necessary do to inconiderate smokers.

Here, we mandated that all restaurants have the smoking section walled
off with separate ventilation. I figure the owner should have the
right to do what he wants with his property and I have the right to
choose whether to enter.

Here, it was done under worker safety rules.

A lot of restaurants chose to close rather than remodel. And after
the rest had spent all that money in compliance, the same council
outlawed smoking completely in restaurants.

Which they should obviously have done in the first place.

I have far less "freedom of choice" on whether or not to enter a
hospital. But the council didn't see any reason to address smoking
there.

No hospitals allow smoking here. Amazing they ever could have.