Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does Anybody Recognize this Collet?

Looks like a lot like a TG or SK collet.

A quick check with a caliper shows an overall length of about 1.09 (apx)
inches long, and a maximum diameter of about .630 (apx) inches at the
shoulder.

I really need a 3/8 (.375) collet, as its used to hold smaller straight
collets (measure .370 to .372 in this application, but if you don't want to
much money for them I'ld buy some smaller ones as well.

Here is the picture location again:

Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/

Smaller Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/Forum%20Size/

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:37:40 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:42:55 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I opened up the closer on my Yuasa Speeder this morning for the first
time
and found this. I think the guy I bought it from might have mentioned
this,
but I don't recall. The broken part looks similar to an AccuraFlex
collet.
I have some larger ones for one of my collet chucks. It doesn't look
exactly the same (size not withstanding) though.

Anybody know what collet that is? Is it a Yuasa only part?

It still works to clamp the collet/holder that actually holds the end
mill,
but it would be nice to have one that isn't broken.

Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/

Smaller Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/Forum%20Size/

Bob..without measurements..its hard to tell..but this may be of help
to you.

www.hardinge.com/usr/pdf/collet/2287Cchp2to5.pdf

Hardinge makes every collet in the world you can think off..Im sure
you can find the part and type number/designation

Cool thanks. I'll see if that gets me there.

If not..take some dimensions and Ill see what I can pull up. I know I
have collets of that type..but a smaller family.

They are often found in milling machine tool holders.

I want to say its an AF type (Acura Flex) but they could also be a TG
type

Im sure some commercial machinist will pull the name up right quick
after they all check in.

But this will give you some idea of what to look for in the Hardinge
book.

They should also be readily available on Ebay.

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of