Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Auto OBD not ready?

"DoN. Nichols" on 2 Aug 2013 01:10:52 GMT
On 2013-08-01, Jim Wilkins wrote:
For that matter most Americans weren't too good at auto repair, or
manual tasks in general, even in the Signal Corps. At the base where I
ran the photo lab not one person asked to use it to develop and print
their own pictures.

Was it made clear that this was possible/allowed? (E.G. was
this a hobby lab supplied for the soldiers, or a lab normally used for
normal "business" purposes?

If it was like the few I frequented, they tended to be bare bone
equipment, you'd be best to bring any special "tools" you might want.

Processing one's one film, is a pain. Been there, done that,
nothing like tossing a roll because you were too sick to properly
evaluate it, or wait for it to dry. And then realize what you did -
yesterday.

I certainly would use it if I did not have my own photo lab at
the time. (But I was not in the Army, so perhaps having my own photo
lab was easier. :-)

I lose track of the number of rolls of B&W (Usually Tri-X,
occasionally Plus-X) and Ektrachrom X/Ektacrhome-64 that I've processed
in my day. :-)

Pushing tri-X to 1600. OH, and for what it is worth, you get an
interesting effect developing Tri-X in the paper developer. Grain
that you could see.
As I stopped doing my own processing, I switched from BW to color,
form SLR to instamatics.
--
pyotr filipivich