Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Backup, backup!

On 8/1/2013 4:48 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 06:40:35 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I once used Norton Ghost B.S., "Before Symantec" to preserve a lot of
systems but now have many other options with the commercial software
I've legally obtained free from Giveaway of the Day. AOMEI, Ashampoo,
EaseUS, Recovery Mechanic, Lazesoft, MunSoft, Ocster, Paragon and many
more. The site gives away a different paid software application or
suites every day and the apps are from different developers. I've had a
lot of fun getting very useful software from them that I can't afford to
buy. ^_^

Giveaway of the Day
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

My only problem with them is that the download period is only one day.
I don't always have on-demand access to broadband. And you have to
install it within some short period. I discovered that when I got some
apps but waited until I had free play time to install them. I suppose
they can be cracked, but I've never got around to trying.

I have a 12/1.5mb cable Internet service and I may kick it up higher. I
do a lot of VoIP and watch a lot of streaming videos. I also upload a
lot of documents and pictures of the work me and JH do for several
national service organizations that use independent contractors. Of
course there are the software apps I play with and torrent downloads are
lightning fast on my system. I downloaded an ISO image of 600+mb
in under 4 minutes via the BitLord torrent software. Oh my God, I do
recall the unbelievably long download times on dial-up back in the 90's. ^_^

TDD