Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default spindle temp

Jon Elson wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

http://wpnet.us/Precise_S65.pdf

FYI, I got that by emailing them, and they responded in about an hour
and a half.

Thanks! If yours has brushes, it is even older than mine.
Mine has a 2-phase induction motor, and although it has a
scroll housing for a fan, there is no fan, you have to
supply an external cooling blower. I didn't get the
frequency converter with it, and will have to build something
myself.

Jon

The price was certainly right ($20) and Precise still supports it. I
need to get a couple collets and collet nut, but otherwise it should
make a great aux spindle on the CNC mill once I make a mount for it. The
mill spindle only goes to 4,500 RPM so a 45,000 RPM aux will be great
for work with tiny cutters.