Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Backup, backup!

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message

Friend of mine is a computer school graduate, took a
course. Says that Outlook Express will work up to
Internet Explorer 6, but not newer.

Your friend just flunked because he/she is dead wrong.

Aparently, if I upgrade to IE7 or the new IE8, then Outlook Express won't
work any more.

Nonsense

Most of the web sites out there balk at Internet Exploder
6, and insist I upgrade. I upgrade, and OUtlook Express
stops working.

If it stops working it is not because you upgraded IE. And as I said, there
are other browsers.

On 7/30/2013 7:37 PM, dadiOH wrote:

CY: The OE won't work on the old internet explorer,
and the old IE won't do updates or much else on the
web.

What's with the "old"? If you installed XP on the new
drive, you also installed IE and OE. OE will work just
fine; AFAIK, it has no dependencies upon IE but even if
it did, you have a pristine install of it. You may
have problems with IE - that version is old now - on
some sites unless you update Java and Flash and maybe
even then; you might need to update it too via MS.
There are other browsers.

--

dadiOH