Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Backup, backup!

On 7/31/2013 1:13 AM, Vic Smith wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:55:56 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

My son paid for a "computer technicians" course in Utah. They ripped
him off badly. Seriously badly. And the poor ******* thought they
were teaching him something worth money.

I saw a piece of a Senate hearing this morning about "for-profit"
schools getting gov backed student loan checks to the tune of
something like $52 billion a year. The loans default at +40% and the
student is forever on the hook to pay back.
I knew this was going on about 10 years ago when I chatted with some
youngsters who were on break from a "culinary" school.
This one. Check the prices.
http://www.chefs.edu/Tuition-And-Financial-Aid
One kid told me he was in hock for $35,000 for an 18 month program.
Felt sorry for them. My wife is a chef in a corporate kitchen, with
20 years experience. Makes $14 an hour. She's in the "elite."
I didn't tell them anything. They had enough problems already.
These kids will be lucky to get a job for $10 an hour.
Making a decent living cooking is a rarity.
There's no money in food service, and besides that all the schooling
in the world won't make you a good cook.
Wife has had some of these kids come into her kitchen.
So far they have all been useless.

Holy Crap! I'm going to have to start my own school that teaches "How To
Be A Prevert" apprentice pervert program with the more expensive
"Provert Degree" professional pervert. The great thing about it is that
it can all be done online ^_^

TDD