Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Backup, backup!

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:55:56 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

My son paid for a "computer technicians" course in Utah. They ripped
him off badly. Seriously badly. And the poor ******* thought they
were teaching him something worth money.

I saw a piece of a Senate hearing this morning about "for-profit"
schools getting gov backed student loan checks to the tune of
something like $52 billion a year. The loans default at +40% and the
student is forever on the hook to pay back.
I knew this was going on about 10 years ago when I chatted with some
youngsters who were on break from a "culinary" school.
This one. Check the prices.
http://www.chefs.edu/Tuition-And-Financial-Aid
One kid told me he was in hock for $35,000 for an 18 month program.
Felt sorry for them. My wife is a chef in a corporate kitchen, with
20 years experience. Makes $14 an hour. She's in the "elite."
I didn't tell them anything. They had enough problems already.
These kids will be lucky to get a job for $10 an hour.
Making a decent living cooking is a rarity.
There's no money in food service, and besides that all the schooling
in the world won't make you a good cook.
Wife has had some of these kids come into her kitchen.
So far they have all been useless.