Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Backup, backup!

On 7/30/2013 9:26 PM, Winston_Smith wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 19:28:17 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 7/30/2013 7:20 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
Quit hanging around with dumb people.

I am running IE8 and Outlook Express 6 righ now on the same computer.

This is with windows XP Professional and sp3.

Tell friend to ask school for his money back.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Friend of mine is a computer school graduate, took a course. Says that
Outlook Express will work up to Internet Explorer 6, but not newer.
Aparently, if I upgrade to IE7 or the new IE8, then Outlook Express won't
work any more. Wants to go to Windows Live Mail, which I rather don't
like.

Most of the web sites out there balk at Internet Exploder 6, and insist I
upgrade. I upgrade, and OUtlook Express stops working.

Unless I'm mistaken, there is a compatibility mode that can be selected
for running programs. I've never had to use it so I'll have to check it
out. o_O

There is such a thing but I've never had to use it even with some
pretty ancient DOS and Win 3.1 stuff running under XP.

Like the poster above you, I'm running XP-SP3, OE6, Outlook2003, and
IE8 just fine. FireFox works fine with that combo as does Forte Agent
in both usenet and email functions.

This is not rocket science.

I'm going to write about what I've done soon because I had a major
system GRONK caused by MS Antivirus but I'm recovering everything.
^_^

TDD