Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Backup, backup!

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 21:29:05 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:04:59 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Friend of mine is a computer school graduate, took a course. Says that
Outlook Express will work up to Internet Explorer 6, but not newer.
Aparently, if I upgrade to IE7 or the new IE8, then Outlook Express
won't work any more. Wants to go to Windows Live Mail, which I rather
don't like.

Most of the web sites out there balk at Internet Exploder 6, and insist
I upgrade. I upgrade, and OUtlook Express stops working.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

On 7/30/2013 7:37 PM, dadiOH wrote:

CY: The OE won't work on the old internet explorer, and
the old IE won't do updates or much else on the web.

What's with the "old"? If you installed XP on the new drive, you also
installed IE and OE. OE will work just fine; AFAIK, it has no dependencies
upon IE but even if it did, you have a pristine install of it. You may have
problems with IE - that version is old now - on some sites unless you update
Java and Flash and maybe even then; you might need to update it too via MS.
There are other browsers.

Firefox and IE works better than thunderbird and IE.
If you can't or won't use a REAL newsreader like Agent.

And I sent him Agent and the cheat codes last week. Which he
acknowledged getting

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of