Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Winston_Smith[_4_] Winston_Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Backup, backup!

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 20:04:59 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

Friend of mine is a computer school graduate, took a course. Says that
Outlook Express will work up to Internet Explorer 6, but not newer.

I have OE6 here on my machine, right now, working with IE8 just fine.
I don't see how IE and OE are related.

Aparently, if I upgrade to IE7 or the new IE8, then Outlook Express
won't work any more. Wants to go to Windows Live Mail, which I rather
don't like.

Live Mail sucks even more than OE but ADAIK, Live Mail came in with
Vista. Where ARE you getting your information? Upgrading you internet
browser and your email reader are completely separate and in dependant
operations.

Most of the web sites out there balk at Internet Exploder 6, and insist
I upgrade. I upgrade, and OUtlook Express stops working.

Once again. How are they related ????? IE6 will have trouble with
many web sites. It has zero to do with OE as far as I know.

I think XP shipped with IE6. IE7 and IE8 are available as free
upgrades. There never was and IE9 for XP.

In any case, what's wrong with FireFox, Chrome, or Opera. You have
choices coming out the proverbial kazoo.