Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CCTV WIFI question

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 17:36:46 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Any suggestions how to do this that isn't so messy?

Wiremold.

I keep a few pieces of different types of plastic and metal wiremold
in the car to show customers. Most of the stuff came from jobs where
I had to rip the stuff out at the customers request.

None of my customers have ever approved using wiremold. The problem
was that they don't want to look at it. For long runs, it had to go
run horizontally along the wall near the floor. That worked fine
until it runs into a doorway. If I was lucky, and they had a hollow
door tread, so I could continue the run (ignoring the awkward
transition around the door frame molding). If not, I was stuck.

I did use surface conduit once when I installed a structured wiring
system. That's where all the communications cables arrive in a single
neat bundle. Same with cube farms, where individual desks tended to
be isolated "islands" with no adjacent walls. However, none of the
surface wiring was ever wrapped around a doorway.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=structured+wiring

If desperate, you could run the CAT5 on the outside of the building.
However, that only works with single wall construction. I'm not very
proud of this mess, but it was the only way it could be done.
http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/pics/drivel/slides/SCZ%20Victorian%20wiring%20mess.html

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D