Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan alan is offline

Default LED PIR Floodlights

On 30/07/2013 21:53, alan wrote:
On 30/07/2013 20:51, Andrew Mawson wrote:

That indeed may be a 'gotcha' . All my PIRs (14 at a quick mental count)
have an external waterproof switch across the PIR so that they can be
turned 'permanently on' which involves a three core and earth cable
entering the back of the unit. Saves waving your arms around to keep the
light on while trying to hitch a stock trailer full of pigs

Many PIR floodlights with just a 3 core mains inlet have a similar built
in function. Switch on - switch off - switch on again within a certain
short period (within 10 seconds) and the light stays on.

To revert back to PIR operation switch off - wait a while and switch
back on. The light will then usually come on for the timer period then
switch off - to be controlled by the PIR/timer afterwards

I don't know if the LED PIR floodlights on Ebay have the same
functionality - my LED floodlight doesn't have a PIR.

Edit: For instance see
http://www.jcc.co.uk/media/downloads/pdf/JC45102.pdf
(check manual mode of operation)