Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default LED PIR Floodlights

In article om, bm
writes

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in
message
I'm sure this has been covered before but doesn't come to hand in a
search:

Can anyone recommend from personal experience a modestly priced LED PIR
floodlight. I have many of the conventional 150 watt (78mm lamp) and 500
watt (117mm lamp) scattered around the various outbuildings of the farm,
and today's job was (yet again) to replace the bulbs. The first two 150
watt one thwarted me due to rusted screws seizing solid, then the rain
defeated me with the four 500 watt ones that need changing but they are
quite likely in the same condition - they only last a year or so before
the corrosion gets to them. I have been down sizing bulbs on changing them
to 130 and 400 watts but perhaps the time is right to change to LEDs ?
Usually the high brightness of an incandescent light is not needed when it
is pitch black all around.

AWEM

There are these for ~£3 but not PIR -
http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/ht01...8587?Ntt=LA039
8587&CMP=NLem1

Bought one of these try, total junk, very dim. You know those warnings
not to stare directly into the beam of ultrabright leds? This product
does not need one.

I think it needs to be one of the high output dies in the 5-20W range to
be much use, sold on Amazon but not tried yet.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .