Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default LED PIR Floodlights

I'm sure this has been covered before but doesn't come to hand in a search:

Can anyone recommend from personal experience a modestly priced LED PIR
floodlight. I have many of the conventional 150 watt (78mm lamp) and 500
watt (117mm lamp) scattered around the various outbuildings of the farm, and
today's job was (yet again) to replace the bulbs. The first two 150 watt one
thwarted me due to rusted screws seizing solid, then the rain defeated me
with the four 500 watt ones that need changing but they are quite likely in
the same condition - they only last a year or so before the corrosion gets
to them. I have been down sizing bulbs on changing them to 130 and 400 watts
but perhaps the time is right to change to LEDs ? Usually the high
brightness of an incandescent light is not needed when it is pitch black all
around.

AWEM