Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Winston_Smith[_4_] Winston_Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Backup, backup!

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:39:15 -0400 wrote:
On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:46:05 -0700, Winston_Smith wrote:

Remember a few years ago, Blackberry lost one of their satellites.
Most of the US was uncovered and I kind of remember Europe having some
sort of problem. Lots of high powered business types were not happy.

I WAS impressed. They had a spare satellite in orbit but it took a day
or two to move it into the right position to replaced the failed bird.

Blackberry does not HAVE satellites. They lost a SERVER.

Darn, you are right. I hate it when that happens.

I was confusing the Blackberry problem with the loss of Galaxy 4 in
1968 which shut down pager services among others.

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/space/9805/2...ite.explainer/