Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair

Default Backup, backup!

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 21:46:05 -0700, Winston_Smith
wrote:

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 20:20:10 -0600, rbowman
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

AWS? What dat?

Dat be the cloud esse. What rock you be living under? Amazon Web Services.
They're not the only provider, but they are big. They went down on Christmas
Eve last year, leaving all those people watching 'It's A Wonderful Life' on
Netflix streaming ****ed off. Windows Azure, Rackspace, and so forth all
have had outages. **** happens. Sometimes the effects are more far reaching
than not being able to watch 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas'

Remember a few years ago, Blackberry lost one of their satellites.
Most of the US was uncovered and I kind of remember Europe having some
sort of problem. Lots of high powered business types were not happy.

I WAS impressed. They had a spare satellite in orbit but it took a day
or two to move it into the right position to replaced the failed bird.

Blackberry does not HAVE satellites. They lost a SERVER.