Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trayvon Martin's Criminal Activities Were Covered Up

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 22:20:49 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 23:42:01 -0400, Tom Gardner Mars@Tacks wrote:

On 7/27/2013 9:06 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 11:41:35 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 10:15:25 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Gunner said:
Well..thats not completely true, but largely similar or the same
powders are used in both revolvers and self loaders.

OK, so the mechanical losses of operating the slide roughly equal the
loss of gases in the revolver, giving them very similar bullet
velocities.

I wonder how they test that? Usually, pressures are tested in a device
that's more a fixture than a firearm. I'd think autos lose far more
power than revolvers, especially blow-backs.

(Even after seeing the visuals of that underwater test, Tawm?)

You both would be right if they were Gas Operated..but they are Recoil
Operated.

If the same bullet is fired in both styles of gun, and the muzzle
velocity is within 5%, it means that the auto-loading losses damnear
equal the gaseous losses in the pistol, efficiency-wise. +-5%, right?
(depending on which style's bullet is faster. My guess: the auto,
since the lighter bullet should be down and out the muzzle prior to
the case being ejected.)
http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtop...28244&start=15

A different family of physics...shrug

Yes, for specific measurements, but the answer came across, in
general. I guess you have to also include timing for the auto because
most of the losses happen as, if not after, le boolie is downrange.

--
If you're trying to take a roomful of people by
surprise, it's a lot easier to hit your targets