Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Backup, backup!

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 08:06:50 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

I don't trust cloud storage, as that means someone else can read the
data. With a local external drive, it's not readable by others.

I don't get the fascination with cloud storage either. I do see the
point that files are available at any time from any location, handy if
you travel a lot. Problem is, the connections to the internet are not
perfect and not always available. I'd hate to be sitting at either my
home of office computer and not be able to work on a spreadsheet or
revise a letter because the DSL line is out or a storm took out the
cable.

For backup, it is probably OK, but so is burning a CD or using a thumb
drive.