Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Frank[_17_] Frank[_17_] is offline

Default Backup, backup!

On 7/27/2013 11:18 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
,
My small business accounting machine is still on Dell XP server.
I am still getting automatic system update from now and then. Back up is
automatically done, daily incremental and monthly whole back up onto my
NAS drive with RAID set up. And then Once a year I back up important files
again on external USB 3 drive which is stored at other place.

When I was working I kept a copy of the important stuff such as pic,
downloaded PDF that is hard to locate,and other things at work. Either on a
cd,dvd or the thumb drive depending on the years past.

It is always a good idea to have off site storage if possiable. I would
have it if I was in business. Probably in a safty deposit box and maybe one
at home and one at the office..

One thing I would not do is to put any info on the web that I did not care
who knew I had it. I think there are several places you can use for storage
on the web either small ammouts for free, or pay for large ammounts.

I had Carbonite when my machine went south last fall.
I do not recommend it. Takes overnight first use and then slows down
computer with constant interference. While it saved my business files,
it did not save music or videos and most importantly did not save my
Thunderbird profile and I lost all old retained emails and addresses.
Now using a Seagate backup drive on new computer.