Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Backup, backup!

Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Fat-Dumb and Happy" wrote in message

So they say, Winxp will be supported until April 8, 2014
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ucts/lifecycle
Maybe they'll extend it again.. and again...

They may. There are still a lot of comercial places using XP. No need for
them to upgrade and seems that the newer systems are not really for
business, but social networking.

To top it all off, there is a lot of equipment still out that need DOS and a
slow computer to run it on. Anything past windows 98 will not work and if
the computer is very fast, even that will not work.

You should have seen our IT department looking around for an old 3 inch
floppy that was a special kind that I think was used mainly in some IBM
machnes years ago. That drive was part of a $ 40,000 machine and needed to
load some programs on.

Hmmm,
Linux all the way. Almost all apps. are free.
All my desktops and laptops has dual boot. Linux of some flavor
plus XP, Vista, Win7, Win8 all 64 bit Pro or Ultimate version.
My favorite Linux is Ubuntu and Mint. Pretty easy to use with minimal
hardware.