Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Fat-Dumb and Happy[_2_] Fat-Dumb and Happy[_2_] is offline

Default Backup, backup!

Terry Coombs wrote:
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Saturday July 27, 2013
Last week, one of my computer programs wasn't working right. Short form,
is that I find out MS doesn't support XP anymore

I dunno what universe you're in , because I still get automatic updates
for a multitude of MS products , including Windows XP - both pro and home
versions . They keep saying they're going to stop support , but too many
large businesses use that OS .
On your OE problems , there's a folder in your "my documents" folder that
has all your contacts and old conversations . I have successfully
transferred that data to a CD , then to the new OS when I had to reload XP .

So they say, Winxp will be supported until April 8, 2014
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ucts/lifecycle
Maybe they'll extend it again.. and again...