Posted to alt.survival,alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Backup, backup!

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Saturday July 27, 2013
Last week, one of my computer programs wasn't working right. Short form,
is that I find out MS doesn't support XP anymore, and I can't get the
computer working the way it used to. The way I liked. This new Thunderbird
isn't very easy to use, at least compared to OE. I tried downloading a
service pack from a non MS website, and got some kind of malware, that
really made a mess of my drive, and my slave drive. Ended up buying a new
drive, and I'm in the process of reformatting the drive I'd been using.
Still can't get Outlook Express to work. Lost a lot of files, data, and
thousands of old emails that were either not backed up, or can't be read
with the new email program.

Just reminding y'all to make CD, DVD, and external drive backups of
anything you consider valuable.

You can download lots of stuff from Microsoft for Windows XP. Not long ago
I installed XP off a CD. I did need the COA number for the computer to
regisiter it.
About a month ago I donwloaded something for XP from their web page. Forgot
what it was, but it was an update for an older XP part.

I was dilligent about making backups from the days I had a Radio Shack TRS3
computer and the 5 inch floppies.

Now all pix go on a dvd and an external hard drive that plugs into the usb
port backs up the whole computer.

I also have two computers and they both have many of the same files.