Martin

Default Burglar Alarm

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 14:30:55 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"
wrote:

But I don't want it replaced, I want a refund of what I paid them; the
original didn't work, so why should a replacement be any different?.
They charge 10% for restocking plus 20% for anything not in the original

box
plus whatever they feel like for anything not in new condition; You try
getting a cable into a PIR without using one of the cable knock-outs!

You cannot be serious. I hate to say it but it sure sounds as though
Maplins are dealing with this correctly!

If I read the above correctly then you've thrown away the original
packaging, the goods are no longer in new condition, and you've
knocked holes into a PIR to fit cables? Why on earth should you expect
them to refund you in full under these circumstances?

And by English law if something is found to be unfit for its intended
purpose, you are entitled to a FULL refund (from the supplier) plus any
incurred costs; basically whatever is required to get you back to the state
things were in before the purchase. It is up to the supplier to pass his
costs/losses on the his supplier/manufacturer.....