Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default How to edge stone flooring at the wall's edge?

"Robert Macy" wrote in message

[note google has again goofed up my access to Usenet so I
will not be able to respond timely]

We have stone flooring that butts against the drywall.
Not sure, but think the stone is over thin masonite-like
layer, over some soft layer, over slab concrete. At the
edge, it appears they originally put in grout, but that
grout crumbles out easily, plus painting the wall down to
the flooring does NOT make a nice edge.
What caluking, or something like that, can I use to make
the transition pliable to not crack in the future, yet
hard enough to resemble grout?

Use a baseboard. If you do, leave a slight gap between it and the stone so
that the stone can be masked when repainting the basebord.

--

dadiOH