Martin

Default Burglar Alarm

"Andrew McKay" wrote in message
On 19 Jul 2003 19:10:40 GMT, (Bob Eager) wrote:

Because it didn't work. We're not talking DSR here, but SOGA.

I'm probably missing something really obvious here so please forgive
me if I am.

I have installed a couple of complete alarm systems where virtually
all components were sourced from Maplins. I would guess I may have
bought some mains cable from the local Wickes shed, and possibly some
other relatively minor stuff. But the lions share of active components
were from Maplins - excellent service offered.

Both included the whole works, from the well featured alarm panel,
remote key switches, PIR and smoke detectors, pressure detectors,
everything.

And every single component worked out of the box exactly as it said on
the box. I recall having one failure - the remote key switch mounted
just inside the front door had its front panel attached via a flimsy
ribbon cable etched onto a plastic substrate, and I managed to trap it
when screwing it together, and it broke. Poor design maybe, but
Maplins weren't at fault themselves.

So exactly what didn't work? The whole alarm system, one component, a
zone?

Main problems listed in a previous post.

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our
web site at
http://www.handymac.co.uk