Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does Anybody Recognize this Collet?

"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:_7CdneKN3Z2BMHXMnZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
"PrecisionmachinisT" wrote in message
news:wsidnSCzy5ivEXXMnZ2dnUVZ_hednZ2d@scnresearch. com...

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I opened up the closer on my Yuasa Speeder this morning for the first
time
and found this. I think the guy I bought it from might have mentioned
this,
but I don't recall. The broken part looks similar to an AccuraFlex
collet.
I have some larger ones for one of my collet chucks. It doesn't look
exactly the same (size not withstanding) though.

Anybody know what collet that is? Is it a Yuasa only part?

It still works to clamp the collet/holder that actually holds the end
mill,
but it would be nice to have one that isn't broken.

Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/

Smaller Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/Forum%20Size/

http://tinyurl.com/n6ao836

The Nikken SK Collets look like they might be the ticket. Thank you very
much. I'll do some more looking.

I didn't look very close at your pics, just thought I'd toss that
out....you can probably find dimensions if you poke around.

Also, pretty much everybidy is familiar with the tg100 collets but there
is also smaller true grip series that's known as tg75 and tg50...that
said, Yuasa probably would not have used an Erickson collet nose so I'm
leaning heavily towards the SK.

This one is only about 1.090 inches long and .630 diameter at the shoulder.
The shoulder dimension could be off since I have to hold it against a
straight collet to measure it.

It seems to be shorter than the SK10 and longer than the SK6
http://www.lyndexnikken.com/products...idCategory=826