Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does Anybody Recognize this Collet?

"Pete Keillor" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:44:48 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:37:40 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:42:55 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I opened up the closer on my Yuasa Speeder this morning for the first
time
and found this. I think the guy I bought it from might have mentioned
this,
but I don't recall. The broken part looks similar to an AccuraFlex
collet.
I have some larger ones for one of my collet chucks. It doesn't look
exactly the same (size not withstanding) though.

Anybody know what collet that is? Is it a Yuasa only part?

It still works to clamp the collet/holder that actually holds the end
mill,
but it would be nice to have one that isn't broken.

Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/

Smaller Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/Forum%20Size/

Bob..without measurements..its hard to tell..but this may be of help
to you.

www.hardinge.com/usr/pdf/collet/2287Cchp2to5.pdf

Hardinge makes every collet in the world you can think off..Im sure
you can find the part and type number/designation

Cool thanks. I'll see if that gets me there.

let me know, I have the same speeder and collets, haven't needed to
find another (yet)

Karl

If I find an answer I will post it.

Hardinge can be good for identifying a collet. However, their prices
are (choke) a little rich. The obsolete B3 collets for my old
Bridgeport M head (not in service yet) are about $175 ea. Luckily, I
was able to get a used handful a while back.

Pete Keillor

While I would choke on that price, its still a lot cheaper than buying a new
speeder.