Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bt Bt is offline

Default Electricity store?

replying to Chris J Dixon , Bt wrote:
chris wrote:

Did they state an actual storage capacity?
Their web site is remarkably coy about any numbers or technical
detail. Did you ever get sight of any?
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

They did not state a capacity but implied that it would work all night.
The batteries are quite large and occupy a box 600mm *600mm* 800mm and
certainly should last more than 5 minutes on a load of about 400w.

The customer service is also poor. They refuse to put me through to the MD
and do not return calls. It is obvious that I have a faulty unit as well
as the charging on mains issue.

The system is controlled by an astronomical switch and other than that
appears to have no intelligence. This means that it charges when the astro
switch tells it to and takes no account of solar generation. I described
it in my letter of rejection to them as parasitic.

They wired our electric cooker so that permanently works on mains. That
again was not mentioned on the sales visit

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...re-841231-.htm