Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does Anybody Recognize this Collet?

On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 17:36:23 -0500, Pete Keillor
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 14:44:48 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Karl Townsend" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 13:37:40 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
m...
On Thu, 18 Jul 2013 11:42:55 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I opened up the closer on my Yuasa Speeder this morning for the first
time
and found this. I think the guy I bought it from might have mentioned
this,
but I don't recall. The broken part looks similar to an AccuraFlex
collet.
I have some larger ones for one of my collet chucks. It doesn't look
exactly the same (size not withstanding) though.

Anybody know what collet that is? Is it a Yuasa only part?

It still works to clamp the collet/holder that actually holds the end
mill,
but it would be nice to have one that isn't broken.

Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/

Smaller Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/Forum%20Size/

Bob..without measurements..its hard to tell..but this may be of help
to you.

www.hardinge.com/usr/pdf/collet/2287Cchp2to5.pdf

Hardinge makes every collet in the world you can think off..Im sure
you can find the part and type number/designation

Cool thanks. I'll see if that gets me there.

let me know, I have the same speeder and collets, haven't needed to
find another (yet)

Karl

If I find an answer I will post it.

Hardinge can be good for identifying a collet. However, their prices
are (choke) a little rich. The obsolete B3 collets for my old
Bridgeport M head (not in service yet) are about $175 ea. Luckily, I
was able to get a used handful a while back.

Pete Keillor

Oh Crom..one NEVER buys collets from Hardinge unless you are in the
business and can bill it to the client. But their paperwork is pretty
good for reviewing

Gunner

--
""Almost all liberal behavioral tropes track the impotent rage of small
children. Thus, for example, there is also the popular tactic of