Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Does Anybody Recognize this Collet?

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
I opened up the closer on my Yuasa Speeder this morning for the first time
and found this. I think the guy I bought it from might have mentioned
this, but I don't recall. The broken part looks similar to an AccuraFlex
collet. I have some larger ones for one of my collet chucks. It doesn't
look exactly the same (size not withstanding) though.

Anybody know what collet that is? Is it a Yuasa only part?

It still works to clamp the collet/holder that actually holds the end
mill, but it would be nice to have one that isn't broken.

Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/

Smaller Picture Files:
http://www.yumabassman.com/collets/Forum%20Size/

Upon further research (looking at pictures on-line) I begin to think it is
not an AF collet. The AF collets appear to have a tapered shoulder, and
this has a square shoulder.