Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Lock for garden gate both sides

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 22:25:41 +0100, Thumper wrote:

One of these?:-

http://www.gatehingekits.co.uk/produ...-Steel-Bolt%29

Just the first of many hits searching for "gate lock"

I've seen cheaper versions using what I can only describe as surface
mounted mortice locks that are commonly used on thin doors. They're not
very secure, though.

This does look good, and all the other ideas are interesting too. Given me
plenty to think about.

That looks very good, especially the 2-sided one.
For my neighbour's preferences, we wanted to avoid having a key as it'd
always be on the 'wrong' side of the gate - near the front or back door;
delete as applicable.
Her combi. cable on her gate and my combi. bolt on my shed have the same
combination so we don't forget it.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away