Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tapping puzzler

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:09:35 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 14:52:49 -0500, Tim Wescott
wrote:

On Sun, 14 Jul 2013 08:14:41 -0500, Terry Coombs wrote:

The ISO/DIN or bubble flare in your link below and I have an M10 x 1
tap , but it cuts an oversize thread - which is the whole problem here.
The vehicle in question is a Ford Mustang , late model 90-something , I
think . He's putting a different master cylinder on because he's using
a rear axle with disc brakes , and I'm also making an adapter plate to
mount that .

Forgive me if someone's already said this, but -- you can buy all sorts
of brake line fittings. Tee joints should be easy. Even adapters from
one thread type to another should be available if you're willing to mail-
order from performance shops.

It's not something that I'd want to mess with, other than perhaps to put
a notch in my gun-butt: "been there, done that, look ain't I competent."
Having done it I'd probably never do it again.

Most..not all perhaps..but MOST NAPA stores have those adapters (at
least in my area) and their website lists all kinds

http://www.napaonline.com/

NAPA always has the best price on custom made hydraulic hoses, too.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.