Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default Roundup

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 15:06:47 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
"Mentalguy2k8" wrote:

wrote in message

Has anyone else noticed this stuff is isn't a patch on what it used to be?
I reckon the formula's been got-at and substantially weakened. It's lost
most of its effectiveness. Is there a new frontrunner in the weedkiller
market, 'cos Roundup today is %&*(*($_! hopeless.

I bought that Weedol Rootkill squirty thing (3-litre container with spray
gun attached) from B&Q, ...

Well you're a mug aren't you. Buy the concentrate and dilute it
yourself. Much cheaper. I spray all sorts of weeds that way and the
stuff dies.

I looked at the concentrate but the instructions said mix only the amount
required for the job. I would use it as a spot weedkiller, so need a spray
bottle of it to hand.
There was no explanation and it seemed strange, especially as the
'ready-to-use' bottle contains rather more than I'd use in one go.

About 3 - 4 years ago I finished the last drop of Weedol that my brother
brought home from a farm about 30 years ago - that stuff really worked, so I
suppose it's been banned now.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away