Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K[_3_] Jim K[_3_] is offline

Default Roundup

On Monday, July 15, 2013 7:22:31 PM UTC+1, D.M.Chapman wrote:
In article ,

Steve Firth wrote:

wrote:

Has anyone else noticed this stuff is isn't a patch on what it used to

be? I reckon the formula's been got-at and substantially weakened. It's

lost most of its effectiveness. Is there a new frontrunner in the

weedkiller market, 'cos Roundup today is %&*(*($_! hopeless.

Roundup is fine. Just pay attention to what you are buying and where you

buy it from. Also there's no need to buy Monsanto branded Roundup, just buy

glyphosate as a generic product as a concentrate at 360g/l. You should then

dilute this 1:40, ie 1 litre of glyphosate to 40 litres of water for use..

Indeed. I tend to buy this http://www.wilko.com/invt/0330897 - I'm sure I

could find it cheaper but that is small quantity (I don't need litres of

the stuff) and is handily available on the highstreet.

mmm

"
Wilko Super Concentrated Tough Weedkiller 250ml
£7.00
£2.80 per Litre "

er no that would be a whopping £28 per litre....

Last I bought was 5 litres for £35 IIRC, keeps well ;))

Jim K