Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain harryagain is offline

Default Electricity store?

"Bt" wrote in message
roups.com...
replying to harry , Bt wrote:
harry130747 wrote:

So what does the panel make about this one?
http://www.aweenergy.com/midnight_sun.php
Have they solved the world's big energy problem or snake oil?

It is total snake oil. It was installed during the winter and I very
quickly found that if solar generation was too low it recharges on Mains
Electricity and then at night replaces mains with its power causing two
lots of energy wastage as you will never get out what you put in due to
inefficiencies inherent with all electrical equipment. Unit in mid summer
takes 10 minutes to charge and 5 minutes to discharge. Have commenced
legal action. What a waste of money!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...re-841231-.htm using

Hah. I couldn't see how it worked, the explanation given sounded like
bull****.
Pity you had to find out the hard way.

I did see a system the other day that would work but it was just
(expensive) lead acid batteries.
About 4Kwh of storage for ŁK
Hard to see any return on it at all.

Please keep us posted on how you go on with them.