Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Roundup

Harry Bloomfield brought next idea :
Broadback laid this down on his screen :
On 15/07/2013 15:11, mark wrote:
wrote in message
Has anyone else noticed this stuff is isn't a patch on what it used to be?
reckon the formula's been got-at and substantially weakened. It's lost
most
of its effectiveness. Is there a new frontrunner in the weedkiller market,
'cos Roundup today is %&*(*($_! hopeless.

Well it must work because it's on the EU's hit list of chemicals to ban.
Google on: glyphosate EU ban

mark

I must say that roundup works for me.

It didn't work here. I diluted to the correct concentration for a sprayer,
sprayed two weeks ago and it made no difference. Just prior to that, I used
Weedol in a ready to use hand sprayer, which ran out part way, hence the need
to mix up the Roundup. The Weedol killed everything it touched and the effect
was noticeable within an hour.

At least that was the situation a couple of hours ago, when I last
checked and then decided to use up what was left of the mix in a second
attempt. Got the spayer out and without doing any more, I noticed that
they are definately wilting now, so I just redid the ones still shwing
life and the new weeds.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)