Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_6_] michael adams[_6_] is offline

Default Roundup

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"michael adams" writes:

wrote in message
Has anyone else noticed this stuff is isn't a patch on what it
used to be? I reckon the formula's been got-at and substantially
weakened. It's lost most of its effectiveness.

Yup.

All Roundup is based on glyphosate.
Its Monsantos trade name for it.

However its sold in different strengths
120, 240, 360, 480 and 680 g active ingredient
per litre in response to various directives down the years.

Basically if you sprayed full strength agricultural
glyphosate in your own garden and the wind caught it you
could possibly kill off your neighbours garden as well.

Also, higher concentrations often don't work because they
kill the parts of the plant they land on before the plant
can absorb them down into the roots, which sounds like it's
what might have happened to the OP.

That might indeed be possible if he originally bought 2.5 litres
of 360, and forgot to dilute it this time around. Though he
doesn't actually mention any shrivelled foliage.

My guess it that he's using pre-diluted sprays, and didn't take
his magnifying glass with him so as to be able to check the
miniscule print on the labels of the various offerings,
prior to purchase.

michael adams