Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mentalguy2k8 Mentalguy2k8 is offline

Default Roundup

wrote in message

Has anyone else noticed this stuff is isn't a patch on what it used to be?
I reckon the formula's been got-at and substantially weakened. It's lost
most of its effectiveness. Is there a new frontrunner in the weedkiller
market, 'cos Roundup today is %&*(*($_! hopeless.

I bought that Weedol Rootkill squirty thing (3-litre container with spray
gun attached) from B&Q, I "liberally sprayed the leaves and stems" of all
the weeds I could see, no rain and 21 days later and they're still growing
wildly, albeit a couple of them have 2 or 3 dead leaves, the leaves that I
must have accidentally sprayed 3 or 4 times. I checked the receipt just to
make sure I hadn't bought Miracle-Gro by mistake.

"Kills weeds plus roots so they won't grow back" my arse. It killed a few
leaves on each plant, dunno what they are but they're those prickly bramble
******* things but they're even bigger than ever, sticking a middle finger
up at me and my arsenal, practically taunting me to give them another drink.

"Acts fast - results visible in just 2 days". Yes, 2 days later there were
new green shoots everywhere and a tenner ****ed down the drain.