Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 3 phase on single phase

"stryped" wrote in message
On Wednesday, July 10, 2013 6:21:14 PM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"stryped" wrote in message

I would really like to see a picture of your balancer. Trying to
picture it.
alot more than I do.

I didn't photograph it when I built it because the workings are hidden
by the tire, and understanding the physics of adjusting it is more
important than the design.

It looks like a lawnmower blade balancer with a hockey-puck-sized
one-step hub on top. The hub (and tire) actually balances on a central
screw and can be adjusted up or down the screw to locate the tire's
center of gravity slightly below the balance point.

Google isn't giving me a good explanation of how bubble balancers
work. I have dial-up and searches take way too long unless I enter the
right phrase. This one has already wasted over an hour. Usually I use
Google only to give authoritative references for things I already
know.

jsw