Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default "Tar paper" on roof of small overhang

On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:17:12 AM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:
Small -- 4x6 +- wooden "eyebrow" or overhang on back porch (S. exposure).

Have to replace old worn cover (what we used to call "tar paper".

Any difference between individual shingles and sheet, in terms of wear?

I assume ease of replacement better with indiv. shingles, but cost of installation higher?

Your wisdom appreciated.

HB

OK, here is pic showing angle of "eyebrow" overhang on back porch.

http://tinypic.com/r/35ko77d/5

This was about whether to use shingles or sheet. Recommendation so far was for shingles. Need to put something underneath? Name of product?

Big TIA

HB