Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Alternative to rubber for vibration absorbing?

The mind boggles what might be vibrating you floorboards in the first
place.Do you have gymnasts with strange sexual practices next door?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"cdr" wrote in message
I bought a "rubber bench block" on ebay, but when I unpacked it, it really
stank and gave me a bad headache. I wanted to experiment by putting rubber
blocks underneath my bed legs, to stop vibrating floorboards from shaking
the bed and waking me up.

Can anyone think of an alternative to rubber please? How about sand,
placed in some kind of soft pouch like container? (I'm just guessing
here!)

Thanks a lot for any ideas.