Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Alternative to rubber for vibration absorbing?

On Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:28:04 PM UTC+12, cdr wrote:
I bought a "rubber bench block" on ebay, but when I unpacked it, it really stank and gave me a bad headache. I wanted to experiment by putting rubber blocks underneath my bed legs, to stop vibrating floorboards from shaking the bed and waking me up.

Can anyone think of an alternative to rubber please? How about sand, placed in some kind of soft pouch like container? (I'm just guessing here!)

Thanks a lot for any ideas.

My son has a sandbox under his turntable, since he still listens to vinyl.
I have a waterbed with 400 litres of water. No vibration gets past that!
My washing machine is the only thing that could vibrate a floor, however the floor consists of a 9 cubic metre block of concrete so the washing machine doesn't have a chance.