Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default hole in the basement floor

leza wang wrote:
Hi
I have found that there is a hole in the basement floor! Please see
the video below. Before I bought the house I saw water leakage in
that corner, so now I am thinking they did that hole to fix
something! not sure really.

My question, with what i should fill that hole? I am thinking to buy
sands, or you think I should do something else?

Thanks a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcz6M...ature=youtu.be

Even though I live in the U.S. on the East Coast (New Jersey), I heard on
the news on radio this morning that Toronto had record setting rain
yesterday, and more rain may be coming soon. Here's one news story that I
just looked up online:
http://www.thestar.com/news/2013/07/...n_the_way.html .

So, of course, I am curious -- how did your laundry room leak and the
basement hole issue do through the rain storm?