Chris Hodges

Default Garden light rusted

N. Thornton wrote:

Hi

Screws holding the glass cover are rusted as ----. If the screws are
drilled, the moment the bit goes thru it'll hit the glass. The fitting
is pressed sheet steel fwiw.

I assume its a bin job - are there any repair options?

I take it you can't dremel/hacksaw a new slot? Otherwise safety goggles
and a drill press, and hope the screws fail before you hit the glass -
sometimes the last bit of swarf gets ripped off. Use a drill only
slightly larger than the shaft of the screw. I say drill press rather
than hand held because it might reduce vibrations/shock of going through
head. Or try a dremel.

--
Chris
-----