Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default hole in the basement floor

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 09:18:46 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I think most of the time people here give very practical and good
advice and there are a range of possible options covering various
price points. The overall thing here that stands out is that no
one without experience should ever buy a house without a house
inspection. If you do that, you could be paying $100K for a house
that is worth $20K. That's not to break someone's spirit or be
mean, it's just the truth.

I accept your answer that you werent' trying to break her spirit. In
fact I probably never thought you were. It was just a manner of
speaking.

Maybe I should have said, "You risk breaking her spirit, or taking the
joy out of the process even if you don't break her".