Posted to alt.home.repair
leza wang leza wang is offline

Default hole in the basement floor

On Sunday, July 7, 2013 1:45:04 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 04:08:59 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

She needs a complete home inspection, which should have been done

before purchase. There is no way of knowing what all is wrong and

it could be tens of thousands of dollars of trouble here.

True. It would be a good idea for her to find a decent handyman, make

him a pot roast, maybe.

If the house was a gift / inheritance I would take, fix it and move.

I wish she would follow-up on some threads so we know what was fixed

and what was not - fence , trees out front, etc. ... just sayin'

This reminds me of the movie

"The Money Pit is a 1986 comedy film, directed by Richard Benjamin and

starring Tom Hanks and Shelley Long as a couple who attempt to

renovate a recently purchased house."

Thanks a lot for your reply. Most of my problems got fixed, thanks for all advices I have got from this group and we have been learning a lot. I do not mind to hire people but do they really make it right? Many advices I got it from here, no any contractors/handymen mentioned to me when we asked them to come over and give us an estimate!

Thanks a lot.