Posted to alt.home.repair
Eddie Carver Eddie Carver is offline

Default hole in the basement floor

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Jul 2013 20:24:14 -0600, "WW"
wrote:

"leza wang" wrote in message

Hi
I have found that there is a hole in the basement floor! Please see the
video below. Before I bought the house I saw water leakage in that
corner,
so now I am thinking they did that hole to fix something! not sure
really.

My question, with what i should fill that hole? I am thinking to buy
sands,
or you think I should do something else?

Thanks a lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcz6M...ature=youtu.be

Leza Did you buy this house without first seeing it? There seems to
be
to many things wrong with it?WW

Sounds like a house a friend bought. She bought the house up in
cottage country because it was cheap. It was sold as a "4 season" home
and it has no foundation(sitting on concrete blocks) and no insulation
in the floors. In March when she bought it, everything was level - the
roof ridge was straight, and all doors and windows operated.
Throughout the winter the ridgepole was up to 8 inches out of line and
most windows would not operate. By March it was straight again - but
the heating bill for the winter was about $2000. There were all kinds
of electrical issues and plumbing issues. Now she can't afford to
keep living in it - so she needs to sell it. Good luck.

People who don't know about houses shopuldn't buy them without the
assistance of someone who does. ( same goes for buying used cars, as
far as that goes)

Hmmm,
A expensive lesson. I never lived in a pre-owned house. Wife designed
house. I had it built after getting her design OK'd from pros and local
building permit dept.

Good for you Tony. Not everyone has the good fortune of being able to not
having to buy used. Since you never had to buy a pre-owned house, you
haven't any experience with them. Probably time for you to shut your trap.