Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phoena Phoena is offline

Default Broke my watch beyond repair?

On 07/01/2013 02:06 PM, Finch wrote:
last week I was helping my brother with a woodworking project and was
working on some parts with the band saw, and although I was wearing
protective gloves my watch got severly damaged by the saw. I mean I'm
lucky that I didn't get hurt or anything but it's a darn shame about my
watch, because it was quite expensive too. It was a pilot watch that my
wife got me shortly after our wedding. Although it was 'a used watch'
(http://www.chrono24.com/en/watches/p...atches--39.htm
) it was still quite expensive. Anyway, the damage seems to be mainly on
the wristband and the glass lid, and yet, with no visible damage to the
internal works, it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Does anyone have
any advice what it could be, or what to do? My wife doesn't know yet

I ONCE BROKE A P.C. BEYOND REPAIR. I WAS AT SOMEBODY'S HOUSE AND THEY
TOLD ME THAT IF I DIDN'T TAKE THIS COMPAQ PC THAT WAS SITTING ON T HEIR
COUCH THEN THEY WERE GOING TO THROW IT AWAY SO I TOOK IT HOME AND I
OPENED IT UP AND I TOOK A HAMMER AND I STARTED SMASHING COMPONENTS AND I
SMASHED THE POWER SUPPLY AND OPENED IT UP AND STARTED SMASHING THE PSU
COMPONENTS. ONCE I SMASHED A CAPACITOR ON THE MOTHERBOARD WITH THE
HAMMER AND THE CAPACITOR STARTTED SMOKING.